Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana Coastal Issues Forum 2015 Governor's Race
The Coastal Issues Forum will be held in Peltier Hall, located on the corner of Madewood and Ellendale drives. Parking is available on Audubon Avenue (behind the Baptist Student Center, next to Scholars Hall) and on Acadia Drive (across from Stopher Gym, in front of the tennis courts).
Coastal restoration is one of the most important issues facing our state. Learn firsthand how our next governor plans to deal with challenges and opportunities related to coastal land loss.
This event is open to the public. No ticket necessary.
Scott Angelle Public Service Commissioner
Jay Dardenne Lieutenant Governor
John Bel Edwards State Representative
David Vitter U.S. Senator
Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana Board Chair Pierre Conner is currently President and Head of Sales, Research and Trading for Capital One Securities, and formerly Drilling Engineering Manager for Exxon Company, USA. An avid outdoorsman, Mr. Conner grew up in Baton Rouge but spent much of his youth fishing and hunting in Jeff Davis and Vermillion Parishes. He believes deeply that with bold action of a coalition of stakeholders we can and will change the current course of land loss to sustain a thriving Coastal Louisiana.
As Executive Director of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux and Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana Board member, Rob Gorman is focused on the human dimensions of coastal land loss. Mr. Gorman was first drawn to the issue when fishermen in his community encountered challenges accessing their fishing grounds. He responded by joining others to call for action to protect Louisiana’s wetlands and barrier islands as a national treasure. Mr. Gorman is a founder of Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana and its first Chair.
As the Executive Director of Restore or Retreat, Terrebonne Parish native Simone Maloz works daily on the local, state and federal levels to advocate for the needs of the disappearing Louisiana coast, specifically the Barataria and Terrebonne Basins. Ms Maloz was appointed by Governor Jindal to serve on the Governor’s Advisory Commission on Coastal Protection, Restoration and Conservation in the summer of 2014. She is working to ensure Louisiana remains a prosperous place where her children-- and their children-- can live, work and play.
A Nicholls State University leader, Ms. Marcel is a junior studying nursing. Ms. Marcel is a member of the NSU Bass Fishing Team, and recently competed as the first female competitor in the Carhartt National College Bassmaster Championship, bringing home 3rd place. Born and raised in Houma, Ms. Marcel views coastal restoration as a priority – and a necessity – for her generation of Louisianans.
How to Watch & Listen
Attend in person, watch live at crcl.org, or enjoy a re-broadcast on television or radio.
- Ascension & Livingston ParishesEatel 4 —
- Baton Rouge, Lafayette & New OrleansCox4 —
- Matthews, Grand IsleVision Ch. 5 —
- AlexandriaKLSA 90.7 FM —
- Baton RougeWRKF 89.3 FM —
- Lafayette, Lake CharlesKRVS 87.7 FM —
- MonroeKEDM 90.3 FM —
- New OrleansWWNO 89.9 FM —
- ShreveportKDAQ 89.9 FM —
Presented in Partnership With:
- America’s WETLAND Foundation
- Association of Levee Boards of Louisiana
- Assumption Chamber of Commerce
- Audubon Louisiana
- Barataria-Terrebonne National Estuary Program
- Bayou Industrial Group
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux
- Center for Planning Excellence
- Coastal Conservation Association of Louisiana
- Coast Builders Coalition
- Ducks Unlimited
- Greater New Orleans, Inc.
- Greater New Orleans Foundation
- Houma-Terrebonne Chamber of Commerce
- Lafourche Chamber of Commerce
- Lake Ponchatrain Basin Foundation
- Louisiana Wildlife Federation
- Restore the Mississippi River Delta Campaign
- Restore or Retreat
- South Central Industrial Association
- South Louisiana Economic Council
- Southwest Louisiana Economic Development Alliance
- St. Mary Chamber of Commerce
- The Nature Conservancy, Louisiana
- Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana
- Thibodaux Chamber of Commerce
- Vanishing Paradise